Marine Biodiversity and Biosystematics Lab (BIODIVS) is a educational and research lab under Division of Hydrobiology at the Department of Marine Science and Technology Faculty of Fisheries and Marine Science Bogor Agricultural University, established since October 28, 2012.
This lab is developed by considering Indonesia as the epicentre for the marine biodiversity which host corals, fish, and many other marine organisms. This lab serves to explore and investigating the Indonesian marine biodiversity trough research and education.
Our research focuses on marine biodiversity, mostly vertebrates diversity, with special attention to evolutionary genetics and speciation, molecular ecology, and fish ecology and systematics. Whenever possible we use complementary approaches at the genomic, phenotypic, ecological and environmental level to support our findings. We also do research on fish habitat rehabilitation and using fish or other biota as biological indicators.
We organize the bachelor courses of marine biodiversity, marine biology and marine animal biology. Master courses are taught in marine biodiversity, marine biosystematics, phylogenetics, morphological and genetics characterisation, and field sampling and analysis.
- APRIL: Dr. Hawis Madduppa sharing about scientific writing held by Bogor Science Club (27 April)
- APRIL: Dr. Hawis Madduppa invited as speaker at the SDG talk held by UNDP Indonesia with topic Sustainable Seafood (25 April)
- MAR: Dr. Hawis Madduppa attend the annual meeting of the National Fisheries Institute Crab Council in Boston (17-19 Mar)
- MAR: Dr. Hawis Madduppa attend the Wageningen University and Research Dies Natalis, WISE Workshop and Kick Off ANGIN Project (10-14 Mar)
- FEB: 8th BIOMEC – Marine Biodiversity and Molecular Ecology, 18-20 February
- FEB: Dr. Hawis Madduppa is invited to participate at the Seafood Watch Multi-Stakeholder Group in Monterey Bay, California (12-15 Feb)
- Dr. Hawis Madduppa is invited to participate at the ASEAN Marine Conservation Workshop in National University Singapore (27-30 November 2018)
- Dr. Hawis Madduppa is giving a general lecture at the National Sun Yat-sen University in Taiwan (12 November 2018).
- Dr. Hawis Madduppa is invited to the Colloqumotion to talk about the sustainability of Coral Reefs, on 25th June in Pulse Lab Jakarta (news)
- 7th BIOMEC – Marine Biodiversity and Molecular Ecology, 20-26 February 2018
- Dr Hawis Madduppa promoting IPB in Makassar on 27 January 2018
- Dr Hawis Madduppa and Beginer Subhan, and some other bachelor and master students joining Anbiocore USAID SHERA trip to Raja Ampat, 13-24 January 2018
- Dr Hawis Madduppa has successfully funded for 2018 by Ristekdikti in the scheme “Penelitian Berbasis Kompetensi”. He will research on walking shark in Halmahera
- Workshop on Mesophotic Coral Ecosystem on Oct 2-6, 2017, a collaboration between IPB, Hasanuddin University, University of Ryukus and University of the Philippines
- Special talk from Dr Kadarusman and colleagues of STP Jakarta at IPB and visiting our @biodivslab and discussing future collaboration on Oct 2, 2017
- Dr Hawis Madduppa and Beginer Subhan visit Shimoda Marine Research Center, the Tsukuba University in September 2017 (news)
- Dr Hawis Madduppa presenting in an nternational symposium on “Fisheries Science for the Future Generations” at the Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, Shinagawa campus in September 2017 (link)
- 7th Indonesian-American Kavli Frontiers of Science Symposium, Dr Hawis invited as introductory speaker to talk about coral reefs. Please see news!
- 6th BIOMEC – Marine Biodiversity and Molecular Ecology Training Course – 2nd Batch (14-15 June) – Training on seaweed genetics for researchers of Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries
- Plenary speaker at DAAD Alumni Meeting in Hanoi – Vietnam, Dr Hawis talk about invasive species in Indonesia
- DIPnet field sampling at the Dongsha Marine National Park, Taiwan, March 30 – April 14, YOUTUBE
- Invited speaker at the National Sun Yat-Sen University, March 29
- Invited speaker at University of Rhode Island, March 20
- 6th BIOMEC – Marine Biodiversity and Molecular Ecology Training Course
- 5th BIOMEC – Marine Biodiversity and Molecular Ecology Training Course
- EMBRIO-FPIK-VUW Joint Field Course 2016
- Departemen ITK IPB Gelar Pelatihan “Marine Bioinvasions & eDNA”
- Departemen ITK Tandatangani PKS dengan BPSPL-KKP Padang
- Tim Peneliti BIODIVS IPB teliti Genetik Hiu Paus di Berau, Kaltim
- Dosen dan Mahasiswa ITK ikuti Simposium Hiu dan Pari
- Mahasiswa Pasca IKL Dapatkan Hibah Penelitian dari Lembaga Internasional
- 40 peserta dari 5 universitas di Indonesia belajar genetika kelautan di ITK
- ITK-IPB dan TNC Adakan Coral ID Workshop
- DNA Barcoding dan filogeografi penyu: sampling
- 4th BIOMEC – Marine Biodiversity and Molecular Ecology Training Course
- Liputan Penelitian di INDONESIA MARITIME MAGAZINE edisi 11/14
- Pemindai biota laut “Oceantag”
- Transplantasi karang di Kapoposang dan Banda Naira
- Pemenang IPB Marine Biodiversity Photo Hunt and Exhibition
- 3rd BIOMEC – Marine Biodiversity and Molecular Ecology Training Course
- Biodivs dukung Pelatihan Genetika di UNIPA
- Ekspedisi Teluk Jakarta
- 2nd BIOMEC – Marine Biodiversity and Molecular Ecology Training Course